Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fun with journals

Two posts in one day. Will wonders never cease.

I was just marking some journals and thought I'd share. All the writing classes have a journal with various topics/questions and the kids are assigned two or three a week as homework and the writing teacher collects and corrects them every so often. The most recent topic from 2C writing was to write about your favourite story character - why do you like him or her, what would ask if you ever met, etc.

William (10 or 11 years old) was telling me about Tom & Jerry: how Jerry is smart to always take the cheese and escape Tom's traps. And what would young William say to Jerry?

You're smart to escape Tom's pit. I want to study your secrets, because I run away from mother's useless talk.

Sometimes these kids have me in stitches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good words.